Saturday, August 2, 2008

Good Times!

Where has the time gone? I have had great visits from family (Grandparents, Parents, Cousin and Brother) over the last month or so and I haven't written a word on my blog. I like to think I was so busy having a great time with everyone that I didn't have time to write, but I think it's probably more due to laziness and forgetfulness!

So - Papa and Susan came for a visit first. We had such a great time showing them Asheville. I think they were impressed by how much a 'real town' (as Papa likes to say) Asheville is. Papa and Susan are practically professional 'people watchers' and Asheville gave them a good show. I know the drive was rough on them, but I hope they saw enough to make them want to come back. It was amazing showing them our new home and their visit just confirmed what I've always believed - I have the coolest grandparents in the world.

Much to my shame, I have zero pics of my parents' visit. The reason I have pics of my grandparents' time here is that I was determined to get a few pics of Susan, so I was careful to bring the camera to all excursions - with Mom and Dad I didn't think to bring the camera. I've requested Mom send me some of her pics, so if I get those I will post them here. We had a great time going on beautiful walks and seeing the sights in Asheville. I think what the 'rents enjoyed the most was sitting out on our deck after the sun went down - the cooler weather was a nice break for them. I recently went to the Grove Park Inn and I want to bring them there the next time they come for a visit.


Tom at least remembered to take some pics when Nick and Charli (cousin from England) visited. Below you'll see Nick swimming with Beau - Beau was trying to balance on the log which Nick found hilarious. It was very cool having Charli with us for a few days - although a little weird at first. We rarely see Charli because he lives in England so I had an image in my head of a 'little boy', but Charli has grown up (and up and up - He towers over me - like the rest of the men in his family - and he is making plans for college). He's super smart and I think the toughest time he has ahead of him is deciding what he wants to do with his life. He's one of those lucky people who seem to be good at everything so choosing one thing may prove to be a challenge. He has both the Hand charm and walk (it was spooky walking behind Tom, Nick and Charli - they walk exactly alike). We went white water rafting. There's no point in trying to describe how much fun we had rafting. It's one of those things where you just had to be there. Charli found the goofy hat he's wearing in the pic below on one of our hikes.Charli also turned a bowl in Tom's workshop while he was here. He only had a few hours, but the result was very cool and as you can see he was proud of it.





It was so great having everyone visit! Come back soon - Love you!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi from SCBWI Carrel in New Orleans. We miss you!