Saturday, January 12, 2008

Gortex Levees

I've solved New Orleans' problems.


While hiking thru Graveyard Fields - lovely walk, hideous name - I noticed that my feet were perfectly dry. The hike was alongside a creek and ended with a spectacular waterfall so there was lots of moisture around. On crossing the creek I 'put my foot in it' - literally - and came out with a dry foot. This is due to my miraculous new Gortex hiking boots. I LOVE my boots - Tom is sick of hearing about how great they are, but they really REALLY are great. I slopped thru mud and water (and this is NC so the water is frigid) and still had 10 toasty little toes at the end of the walk. So this got me thinking...

Gortex levees! It's so obvious - you want to keep New Orleans safe and dry? build the levees out of Gortex. Or at least encourage the good citizens of N.O. to line the outside of their homes in the stuff.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ah, yes. Goretex. I imagine the price o' yer boots could give you an impression of the cost of Goretex levees. I also think they'd do a fine job of killing off whatever wildlife we have left.

But hey, the important thing is that you're thinking of us!

We miss you. Post more pictures!

Sarah