Saturday, March 1, 2008

Congratulations!




Congratulations to Paul and Aalia - new parents of a beautiful baby boy born on February 29th! A Leap Year Baby!




Paul is the brother of Sarah who is married to Tom's bro Simon. In other words, she is my sister-in-law and one of my dearest friends. Sarah and Simon, you will be the 'cool' aunt and uncle that little Wayno comes to when he is 16 and needs to complain about his parents. BTW, the baby's name is not Wayno, he doesn't have a name yet. Sarah christened him 'Wayno' when Aalia was pregnant b/c she didn't like referring the baby as 'the fetus'. Obviously, everyone thought Wayno was a hysterical name and it's kind of stuck - poor little guy!




Also congrats to little Jonathan Broussard who made 1 year today. You've been through more in one year than most people go thru in twenty. I love you and your parents so much.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Actually, "Wayno" comes from a funny wedding-cake mistake. When Paul and Aalia were married, the bakery delivered a cake to the reception that read, "Happy Birthday, Wayno!" So, we all started calling fetus-DeBacher "Wayno."

Wayno might not have much charm as a name, but it's better than "Cletus the Fetus," which I'd been calling him before.

He does now have a real name, although I'm not sure I'm spelling it right: Damien Azad DeBacher. I think I'll call him "Double D."

Sarah