Saturday, March 1, 2008

Jackie's Visit




Recently Jackie, Tom's mum, visited from England. She had a very busy trip. She went to Baltimore first to visit Nick, then she went to Simon and Sarah in New Orleans and experienced her first Mardi Gras, lastly she came to us. We had a great time visiting Biltmore, relaxing on the porch and catching up.


The pictures are from an exhausting hike that Tom forced us to go on. Jackie was a much better sport than I was and even seemed to enjoy hiking straight up a mountain. Tom kept saying highly irritating things like, "We must be coming to the top," and "Just think, soon we'll be having lunch" and "Isn't the view beautiful," while I thought of the various ways I would like to torture him. I can handle a gradual incline, but this was just 2 hours of straight up - give me a break - I just moved from New Orleans where the highest point is Monkey Hill a man-made hill in the Audubon Zoo. Jackie and I collapsed and took a nap - see pic.


No comments: